On the eve of my 26th birthday, I thought it would be appropriate to look back on the 25 goals I set out to accomplish in my 25th year of life. (Brace yourselves... they don't say I'm terrible at "follow through" for nothing!)
1. Cook one great meal a week. Ha...ha... NO.
2. Write one letter a week. Yep! Wayyy more than that. Oh gosh I sent so many cards & letters this year!
3. Take a class. Four weeks of training counts, right? Right. This is a yes.
4. Run a 5k in under 30 minutes without feeling like I want to die. I ran a 5k in 31:45. So, no.. but still feel good about myself!
5. Go to a great concert (Coldplay, NKOTB and BSB, Civil Wars again) Yes! Taylor Swift!
6. Play my violin in a recital - Nope.
7. Raise all of our financial support for living overseas. Nope. But we are 70% funded and that's pretty amazing considering we didn't start til April!
8. Go to Hogwarts YES! The most magical day of my life. Literally.
10. Go to a blogging conference. Success! I went to Relevant in October.
11. Find a mentor. Uh, yes. I had a mentor for like 3 months. So, kind of yes.
12. Memorize more Scripture. No, not really. (Why did I make such vague goals?)
13. Learn as much of the local language of where we are going to live as possible. No. Ironically, we just downloaded a language software as well as flash cards. So, I'm on track.
14. Enjoy more meals with friends and family- in our home and theirs. Yes! This was something we were really intentional about and really enjoyed!
15. Exercise at least twice a week. (That may not seem like much to you, but it would be more than I'm doing now!) -Uh, no. Still working on this one.
16. Practice my violin at least 3 times a week. No. I haven't touched my violin in a couple of months.
17. Read a book on marriage (I'm open to suggestions!) Still in the process of reading the best marriage book I've ever read.
18. Read three classic novels. No. I read one, Jane Eyre.
19. Take vitamins every day ....no. Should've aimed for "Take zero vitamins the entire year".
20. Floss No. This is embarrassing.
21. Have a booth in a craft show with friends. Nope. Discovered that I'm not crafty and that's ok.
22. Play my violin during worship at our church. No.
23. Simplify. Get rid of excess. (Excess clothes... excess books.. excess belongings) YES! Moving out of our house and into a one bedroom apartment really forced us to figure out what we really needed in our life and home.
24. Plant a little garden that has flowers, herbs, and vegetables. Again, No.
25. Be more organized (less forgetful and lose things less) and more graceful (less clumsy). Yes on the more oganized and no on the less clumsy, however I do think that I experienced a lot more grace this year.
So, there we have it. I think that's 11 completed out of 25? Ouch. Still trying to decide if I should make a list for the 26th year of my life? I better decide soon!