Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Three Years.

Yesterday, Josh and I celebrated three years of being married!  What an adventure it has been.  This year we celebrated with Josh's sister and her boyfriend in beautiful Pennsylvania.  Remember what I said about loving autumn last week?  Well, autumn + Pennsylvanian rolling hills + autumn + ROLLING HILLS = splendor.  

We decided to take a picnic lunch up to a place called Hyner View.  It was a bit of a drive, but it was mostly through State land which meant it was stunning and twisting and there were creeks all along the route.


For some reason, all I can see in this picture is the huge knife.  We brought cheese and crackers, ok?  That's what the knife was for!




Three years!

The view.





Hyner View is a Hang Gliders dream and we were fortunate enough to see a couple of guys take off.  The gentleman with the blue hang glider offered to take anyone tandem, and it's one of Josh's dreams to go hang gliding, but Josh weighed 5lbs too much.  It was quite devastating.  For a moment, we were tempted to lie about it but then thought that's a terrible idea when doing something that involves soaring hundreds of feet above the ground.  Needless to say, watching them float gracefully and peacefully away, it quickly became one of my dreams too.  They were seriously flying.  It is now on both of our bucket lists and I can see it being a hobby I would love to do for the rest of my life.  

Hang Gliding

Up, up, and away!




It was a lovely, low key, peaceful anniversary.  I can't believe it's already been three years.  We're still in love. We still do nice things for each other.  We still haven't had a huge fight.  I'd say we're doing pretty well, friends :) Pretty well indeed!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful time! How disappointing about those silly 5 pounds but definitely not a time to lie about one's weight! Congrats on 3 wonderful years and we look forward to seeing your marriage after 30 wonderful years! :-) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Watched hang gliders once and thought that that was a much more peaceful alternative to sky diving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go hang gliding!!!! Happy 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary you two! My hubby would totally love to go hang gliding! Me? I'd do it, but be a little scared! Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not going to lie -- hang gliders scare me to pieces, but gosh... it does look beautiful, doesn't it?

    Happy Anniversary to you guys! Can't wait to see your face in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiest of anniversaries to you two! What an adventure, awesome pics and cute post. What a view is right, omgsh!

    ReplyDelete