Here is a list of things I will never use facebook (particularly, the "facebook status") for:
2. To make myself feel important
3. To make other people think I'm important
4. Affirmation from other people
6. To prove how amazing my husband/life/job/self are
7. To spread bad news or bad thoughts about people or places or ideas.
8. Copy and paste anything. ("Copy and paste this if you have amazing sisters who..." I already have amazing sisters... if the only way they know it is if I post a generic facebook status, that is a problem.)
9. Boring, uninteresting, minute, details of my day. ("Going to the grocery store")
Here is a list of things I will use facebook and facebook status for:
2. Keeping up with people I truly care about (and some that I don't... hey.. just being honest!)
3. Informing our teens of events that will be taking place
4. Encouraging others with positive thoughts or positive words
5. Sharing good news
6. Posting pictures
7. Making plans
8. Recommending things I like to other people.
and yeah, I just wanted to write that. Call me crazy, but I don't want to be a burden in other peoples lives... in real life OR on the internet. Oh, and feel free to say something if I do post anything that is directly from my "never" list. I'm sure you'll agree that it IS tempting, but I feel quite passionately about this.