Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Operation Beautiful.

A few months ago, I heard about the project called "Operation Beautiful".  The idea is to carry sticky notes with you wherever you go, and when you in a public place/restroom, to write one and leave it there that says something like..
"You are beautiful."
"You are loved."
"You are lovely."
or my personal favorite right now
"You are more important than you realize."

I carry sticky notes with me wherever I go, but I don't often find myself in a public restroom.
Even when I am in a public restroom, I don't always remember.

However, today in Meijer I did!
aaaand, I had my camera with me.  
aaaand, it had batteries that weren't dead in it.
aaaand, no one else was in the bathroom.
(Which was important because my camera makes a noise when I take pictures and that might really creep someone else out... "what is she taking pictures of over there?!?" or something like that..)
So I decided to document my sneaky attempt to love others.

Here it is!  Check out the website and consider joining the movement.  It's really fun and it makes me wonder who has found the notes I have left and if it has made them smile or feel more important or beautiful.  Everyone needs an encouraging word.

Even if it's just a sticky note in a bathroom stall.




I had to straddle the toilet to get this shot.  (I wanted to be sure to get the toilet paper in it!)


2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea! Thanks for posting about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to start doing it too here in France. Vous etes belle!

    ReplyDelete