Sunday, February 7, 2010

Our Love Story: The (Very) Beginning


Our love story started long before Josh and I ever met.
Josh's parents, Dave and Verlee, prayed for his future wife for many years.
For my protection. My purity. That we would find each other in Gods timing. That I would love their son and complement him like no one else could.
(I truly believe their prayers saved me from making some serious mistakes as a teenager, too).
Not only were Josh's parents praying for me... but Josh was, too
For his bride. That we would be brought together. That we would love each other wholly and completely and as best as we possibly could. For my purity.
and I KNOW that he is not just saying this because I have letters.
Letters that he started writing when he was 15 years old.
To me.
His future wife.
About how much he loved me already.
About.. his dreams for us.
Atleast 100 (Possibly more, I don't want to exaggerate) of letters.
For me to read on our wedding night.
and on our honeymoon.
Even now, whenever I want to know the depth of his devotion to me and his love for me
I can pull them out,
and read about how this man that I married
loved me and committed his heart to me 9 years before he even met me.
When I was 19, I started writing letters to him, too.
(We were both inspired to do this by Eric and Leslie Ludy, authors of "When God Writes Your Love Story". I only wish I had started sooner.)
Like I said before, I know with certainty that Dave and Verlee were praying for me, too.
Because Verlee bought me these socks.
Years before I met Josh.
To give to his bride some day.
Who she was praying for regularly.
(and I cherish them)
Wow, I almost started crying right now...

4 comments:

  1. oh, what an amazing story. God truly writes the best ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you and your husband are beautiful. You remind me of the song "Answered Prayers" by Bob Carlisle and Lisa Bevill. :)
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete