Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh facebook, you smoldering temptress...

When I have a bad day, I have this draw to post some sort of negative facebook status. Something like,

"::sigh:: I'm tired of people"

or,

"...glad today is finally over"

or the wildly creative,

"did not have the greatest day today"


But I simply refuse to do it. I've done it in the past, I'm pretty sure. However, I don't want to use facebook to draw unnecessary attention to myself. I don't want to post stuff that will make me seem better than others. I don't want to post something that will make others feel bad for me. I don't want to post something that will make me look more interesting/sexy/funny/successful than anyone else. I don't want to post something that will make me get a million notifications and "hang in there!"s and encouragement.

I don't have a profound reason. I just think it's kinda lame, really. I think if I find myself getting encouragement and self worth from what random people post or 'like' on my profile, then I have some serious issues I need to work on.

But, that's just me.

and the only reason I'm even posting this is because I actually had a moderately bad day today, and I don't have those very often, so I feel the temptation to let everyone know about it. In fact, I felt tempted a few minutes ago to let all 780 of my friends know that tonight, I'm feelin' a little low. But, I shall spare them the melodramatic attempt at getting some attention.









and will instead write a blog about it. ha.




1 comment:

  1. I am right there with ya sister. Once someone's status was "I had a terrible day and I don't want to talk about it" Really? Then why did you post it for everyone to see? LAME.

    Anyways, I am glad you updated our blog!However, I am sad that you had a bad day. Feel free to write me about it if you want! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete